In Lyons Andelle, talking about a beautiful escape to the countryside makes sense : in this small corner of Normandy where nature is omnipresent, it takes on its full meaning in our landscapes, where contact with elements: forest, rivers, meadows surround tiny typical villages of Normandy.
Entre amis ou en famille, vous pourrWith friends or family, combine cultural visits with outdoor activities throughout your stay. From a simple stroll to a very sporty outing, the landscapes of our region will inspire you to go green.
Discover the state forest of Lyons, the largest beech forest in France
In all seasons, the 29 000 acres of this majestic “cathedral forest” are a wonderful playground for outdoor activities and long walks.
On foot, by bike or on horseback, our hiking trails offer you the opportunity to enjoy either a walk or an active outing in the relief of the Lyons Forest or a horseback ride in its forest alleys.
Our ideas for nature outings
- Enjoy our paths in good company with a Nordic walking trip.
- Combine nature outings and visits with our walking routes passing through a site to be visited.
- Visit a medieval abbey on your way.
- Take a break from forestry at the Lyons arboretum, where you can have a picnic in a 17-acres park.
Along the Andelle River
- On the banks of the Andelle, a river famous for its trout, two fish farms welcome you for a great fishing trip.
- For an invigorating sporty outing, paddle the Andelle’s white waters in a kayak.
Take to the skies !
For a breathtaking view over the loops of the Seine, go to the côte des Deux Amants from Romilly-sur-Andelle. Try climbing the chalky cliffs or take up the challenge of cycling up the Jacques Anquetil hill to discover a panoramic view of the confluence of the Andelle and Seine rivers.
Whatever your desire, enjoy nature at your own pace: detox guaranteed !
Consult also our agenda to know everything about the outings and nature activities planned during your stay.