Lyons Andelle essentials
Ten good reasons to choose Lyons Andelle for a stay in Normandy
#1 To get away from it all and recharge your batteries in the heart of authentic and intimate Normandy, halfway between Paris and the Normandy coast
Break during a VAE ride in Lyons-la-Forêt ©Max Coquard, Bestjobers – Eure Tourisme
- Relax in the green setting of a Norman country village,
- Oxygenate yourself in the forest of Lyons : it is the largest forest in Normandy and the largest beech forest in France,
- Visit castles, medieval sites, parks nearby and take the opportunity to visit Rouen, located 30 km away,
- Fill up on Norman products in a farm or a local shop or a village market.
#2 For a romantic weekend in Lyons-la-Forêt, a village ranked among the Most Beautiful Villages in France®.
A romantic stroll in Lyons-la-Forêt ©Max Coquard, Bestjobers – Eure Tourisme
- Stroll hand in hand through a postcard setting of authentic half-timbered houses and pretty boutiques and second-hand shops,
- Linger on the terrace of a café on Place Benserade, at the foot of the listed market hall,
- Relaxing together with a duo massage in a spa,
- Have a dinner for two in a gastronomic restaurant after a walk in the forest of Lyons and sleep in a romantic room in a hotel or a castle.
#3 To reconnect with your family in the countryside and share essential and simple pleasures
Children’s animation © Ferme des Peupliers
- Take the children for a bike ride without fear of their fatigue with electrically assisted bikes suitable for all,
- To awaken them to nature during a discovery tour of the trees of the five continents followed by a picnic at the Lyons arboretum,
- Discover with them the secrets of making good yoghurt at the Peupliers farm.
- Stay in a country lodge or a campsite with outdoor games for the children.
#4 To hike with friends and enjoy various pleasures: forest trails, small riverside villages and visits to remarkable sites
Picture © Canva
- Walk in nature and visit a medieval abbey or park on the way,
- Picnic in the forest or take a break in a good restaurant,
- Gleaning edible wild plants in the fields,
- Rent a large cottage with a barbecue for a friendly dinner.
#5 To savor the Norman art of living
flea market out of the factory © Nathalie Bainson
- Wander through the flowery streets of the villages,
- Strolling through the flea markets, shops and craftsmen’s workshops,
- Discover contemporary art in a landscape park,
- Visit a museum dedicated to Norman traditions or a cider farm.
#6 To move with friends with a sporty and friendly programme
Kayak trip on the Andelle River © Authentik Aventure
- Roam in the hills of the forest of Lyons to mountain bike or VAE,
- Try the kayak experience on the Andelle,
- Climbing a chalk cliff for thrills,
- Recreating the world with friends over a barbecue.
#7 For a week in the countryside with sporty teenagers
Teenagers on a pony © Scottyh – Canva
- An adventure camp for those thrilling sports’ lovers,
- A riding course for your horse rider child,
- Having all day free to relax or visit sites as a couple,
- Find your children happy to tell their adventures of the day in the chalet or bungalow of a well-equipped campsite.
#8 For a tailor-made group excursion with your association or group of friends, prepared by the Lyons Andelle Tourist Office according to your wishes
Visit of the castle of Bonnemare © E Orfanoudaki – Lyons Andelle Tourisme
- Take a guided tour of a castle or abbey together,
- Enjoying a good lunch in a restaurant or guinguette used to welcoming groups,
- Visit Lyons-la-Forêt with a guide,
- Visit a craft brewery or a cider house.
#9 For a staycation in a quiet area of Normandy countryside with a good Wifi connection
Telecommuting in the country © DeluXe-PiX via Canva
- Find an inspiring setting to work in a hotel-restaurant or a nice furnished house with a garden, or in a castle surrounded by a park,
- Take a lunch break and enjoy traditional Norman meal in a small village bistro,
- Relax with a stroll in the countryside at the end of the day,
- Plan a gourmet shopping break before leaving, to bring back local products and a bit of Normandy.
#10 To organize a reception, a wedding or a company seminar abroad in a beautiful environment
Wedding at Bonnemare Castle © Flora Chevalier – Château de Bonnemare
- Choose the setting of a castle for your wedding reception, with a wide choice of accommodation on site or nearby,
- Organize a family reunion in a reception hall or a country-style guinguette,
- Find a turnkey formula for a company seminar in a hotel or a castle in an inspiring setting between Paris and Rouen.